Sunday, June 05, 2005

Bleh

The move has gone smoothly, but one of the unfortunate side-effects has been that I've had some trouble posting here again. We've got internet access at home (whee, high speed) and I've had the freetime, but I just haven't been able to. I've probably started posts a half dozen or more times, but I just can't seem to get them to go anywhere. I feel like I've been knocked out of my groove.

And maybe that's why today seems like less of a challenge. Because, if there has been a single theme for this weekend's set, it has been being knocked out of the groove. Three games in less than 24 hours, and we drop all three of them. Our starting pitchers give up 18 earned runs in 17 innings? And our best starting performance is allowing 4 runs in 7 innings, by Russ Ortiz? What confusing, mixed-up Bizarro Land have we wandered in to here, folks?

But it's not Bizarro Land, unfortunately. We were swamped by the problems we normally have- 26 runners left on, Glaus and Green go a combined 1 for 20- and we just don't seem like we did much to win these games. Granted, the lousy call on the home run today is infuriating- why would you reverse a call like that, against the laws of physics? It was a stupid call, and since the Phillies won by a run, it's especially annoying. But the fact is that it was one play, and we had more than enough time to fight back. But we couldn't.

If anything, I suppose the lesson this weekend is that we need to try harder. The Diamondbacks in the field and myself in the blogging schedule. In the spirit of my little league coach, we all need to buckle down, keep our eye on the ball, and maybe we can make something happen here.