Sunday, May 15, 2005

In progress

Rockies 18, Diamondbacks 3
Diamondbacks 10, Rockies 4

It's a busy time in the LDitHD offices, so this entry will be a bit abrupt and rushed. In addition to our impending relocation, Saturday was a day of celebration. It was my birthday, and my fiance graduated from college. So, congratulations, my dear. We're all very proud of you.

Friday night, however, was not. 18 freaking runs? Geez, guys! 18? A sarcastic "good work" to Ligtenberg and Lopez for their work in relief- both now sport what my mother likes to refer to as "a tee-ball like ERA." Halsey wasn't blowing past their batters, either, though. On the plus side, I am glad to see Valverde back, though.

Yesterday was a better birthday present, though. My favorite pitcher got his 5th win, and pitched 8 innings. We took advantage of a lot of walks, and, though we left a fair number of men on, we got more than enough runs across. Good work, guys.

Meanwhile, mutant freak Dontrelle Willis has an ERA of 1.08. The only good thing about this is that it means Roger "I'm retiri- no, wait!" Clemens is in second with his, also anoying, 1.11 ERA.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to laugh at Eric Gagne, who gave up two homers in his first game back from the disabled list. He's also appealing his suspension.

< Nelson> Ha-ha! < /Nelson>

As I'm typing, Craig Counsell has just hit a home run to give us the lead over the Rockies in the 7th. I'd relay a conversation I had with my parents today on how we're all glad to see him back. But, I've got to get ready for work, so just feel free to reconstruct it in your mind. Thanks!