Sunday, May 08, 2005

Could have been worse

Probably should have been worse, really. The only reason we only lost by a run was because the Pirates left twelve runners on base. But we just couldn't get a hit today. We had two errors, though one was changed in the scoring to a hit. It was just a lackluster game overall. To be honest, I wasn't terribly upset at the points I got called away from the radio. Bah.

Tomorrow we close out the series with the Pirates, and then the Nationals come to town. Yeah.

Maybe I can only call for one win a day. And I wasted it on the Reds. No, I wouldn't say wasted it. They needed it more than we did. So, if I spent my win on the Reds, okay. But tomorrow, I'm putting it back on the Diamondbacks. One win is enough for Cincinnati.

I at least did get to hear Mark Grace on the radio. Like I referenced earlier, I followed the Cubbies before the Diamondbacks, and he was my sister's favorite player. (I was an Andre Dawson fan.) But I've enjoyed interviews with him, and I like listening to him at the games. He's not bad as color guys go, it's like having your uncle help broadcast the game. Or my uncle, I don't know what your uncle would be like. (Members of my family know what I'm talking about.) But since I get my games via the broadcast power KTAR, rather than the TV, I don't get to listen to him much. I liked having him on the radio, and had to laugh when he mentioned David Ross. I was at that game, and that was the best half-inning there.

So, the Giants are "freaking out" according to the article at ESPN. Which makes me laugh. Is it wrong to laugh at another person's misfortune? Even if that person is Barry Bonds?

On the topic of people who are better than me, congratulations to Steve Nash on winning MVP. I'm not a big basketball fan, but good for him. I'm also always like when a player credits his teammates when he wins an award. Good show.

Also, an important anouncement: Zaphod Beeblebrox for President. It's my understanding that he has the longest hair of any candidate.

And that's all for tonight. Hopefully, we'll have a better showing tomorrow.