Saturday, July 09, 2005

Bah. Bah, I say!

So, another night where my foolish enthusiasm and a night at the theatre are rewarded with a Diamondbacks loss. Hence, bah.

On the bright side, our starting pitchers across the past three games have pitched 24 innings, given up only 5 runs, and gotten 18 strike outs. Not bad at all. But we're 1-2 in those three games, so it's not quite enough.

And it's not like I was even able to escape in to the theatre for a couple of reasons. First, the casting on the show wasn't impressive- the lead was just too forced, among other things- and second, I was just waiting for the final score. I get the final score text messaged to my cell phone every game, and so with the constant presence of technology, I'm never too far away from keeping track of the game. But it's that sort of thing that also makes it difficult to leave behind if you want to.

On a tangential topic, I was looking on eBay and found this interesting auction. An interesting item, I knew they produced them and that a few always escaped, but it's the kind of thing that you would rarely have a chance to get, but thanks to something like eBay, you're more likely to. So, mixed blessings and whatnot.

Anyway, we go at it again tonight, in the All Brandon Classic- Brandon Webb pitching versus Brandon Claussen. I'm truly hoping Webb pitches better than he did on Monday- 4 ER in 7 innings probably didn't help his chances much for the All-Star Game voting. And Claussen might be a bit of a problem, he's got a 2.50 ERA on his last three starts, so unless the offense gets going, we might find ourselves in a bit of a pickle.