Friday, July 08, 2005

Well, then.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't make fun of Sean Estes. In the half dozen games before his insightful commentary, the Diamondbacks gave up 41 runs, while scoring 23, 10 in the 10-3 win over LA. Since then? 3 allowed, 3 scored. Valverde and Vargas have pitched two of the best games we've seen so far, and I'm just disappointed that neither was rewarded with a W. I mean, this is the first game that I think Vargas really deserved to get the win, but unfortunately he didn't.

Not much on insight at the moment, I just wanted to say that maybe Estes had something going with his wacky scheme on Wednesday. Good going.

Cincinatti comes a'callin' tomorrow to close out the first half of the season. They're struggling along, which, be previous experience, means they could sweep us. But with the impressive play we've seen the past two days, there's always the chance we could end the first half of the season on a high note, and at .500.

Too optomistic, probably, right? Yeah, I know.