Tuesday, June 28, 2005

West side, dawg.

See, I have mixed emotions about west coast games. They always start too late, but, on the other hand, it means I can put up a rather late post and be before the game. Yes, no one shall notice my lengthy absence. *shifty eyes* Yes, none shall be the wiser...

So, in my lengthy, never-to-be-mentioned-again absence, let's look at how the Diamondbacks did: 4-3, splitting a series with San Francisco and then taking two of three from Detroit. In the meantime, we finished interleague play 7-10, giving us the pathetic title of "Best Interleague Record in the NL West - 2005." The rest of the division combined for a 20-40 record. We've loitered right around the .500 mark, currently a game over, and are three games back from San Diego. Given where we played last year, this isn't a bad seat to have on the night of June 28th.

It's actually odd that I haven't posted, since I've been able to follow more games lately. I got to listen to most of the series with Detroit, and would have followed more of the San Francisco series if not for the interuption of a small vacation. But the games I've listened to, I've been decently happy with how we've played. Obviously not perfect, but I think Sunday's game showed what this team can do against a top-notch pitcher if we get everything clicking on the same night.

And now we face San Francisco. Division games are always important, and the NL West has had a terrible record on the road this year- our's is the best record at 2 games under .500. San Francisco got mauled on Sunday, and I'd love to be able to tear in to them while they're off balance.

In non-baseball news, I did get to see the preview for Serenity last Thursday. That was exciting, and I've definitely got something to look forward to in September in case the D-backs can't swing a trip to the postseason.

Ah, done with a half dozen minutes to spare. Excellent.